Brevard and Seminole Courtrooms Offer the Latest in Technology
The Court provides the use of courtroom technology as a courtesy to legal professionals and court participants. The Court will make every effort to ensure the equipment is working properly. However, the Court does not guarantee the reliability of the equipment. The Court is not responsible for the user’s own negligence or lack of knowledge in the operation of the equipment.
The user agrees to hold the Court harmless for any failure of the equipment and any and all claims, damages, actions, causes of action, suits in equity whatever kind of nature as a result of the use of the equipment. The Court advises the users of this equipment that the Court will not be responsible for any delays caused by the failure of the equipment. Users of the equipment should have backup material suitable for use in the courtroom in the event of equipment failure.
WHAT IS NOT PROVIDED
We DO NOT provide CD/DVD players, computers, or adapters of any sort. You are responsible for bringing to the courts what you need to present evidence or conduct your business with the court, i.e. the equipment (e.g., laptop) or device (e.g., iPad), and HDMI or VGA adapters with you, to connect your equipment directly to TVs or projectors. This way you will be able to play videos, PowerPoint presentations, display records, etc. right from your laptop.
Court Technology only provides an Audio/Visual cart that includes:
- All-In-One Evidence Cart with Document Presenter (ELMO)
- Projector and Screen (some courtrooms may be equipped with a large screen TV instead)
- All courtrooms have a TV for video/audio presentation. Playback devices can connect via the provided HDMI cable.
- All courtrooms have a large TV for video/audio presentation. Playback devices can connect via the provided HDMI cable.
- Document camera (ELMO) may be requested and is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please request at least three business days in advance.
CRIMINAL JUSTICE CENTER
All courtrooms (except 1B) have a Document camera (ELMO) and projector.
Please bring a VGA cable to connect to the projector if you plan on connecting your device (Laptop) to the projector.
We suggest you bring a minimum of a 10′ VGA cable so that parties can remain seated and control their device to projector action.
NOTE: No reservations are required. Be sure to let the Judicial Assistant know that you want to use the cart or TV. When in court, simply tell the deputy you need to use the equipment during your hearing/trial and they will assist you.
CIVIL JUSTICE CENTER
LARGE SCREEN TV
- All Civil Courtrooms have Large Screen TVs for video/audio presentation.
- Playback devices (i.e. Laptops) can connect via an HDMI cable that attorneys provide for themselves.
- These TVs DO NOT accommodate any Smartware such as iPads, iPhones, or other Apple devices.
- Attorneys are responsible for bringing the necessary cables to accommodate whatever hardware devices they will use.
- For standard laptops and other devices, we suggest you bring a minimum of a 10′ HDMI or VGA cable so that parties can remain seated and control their laptop to TV interaction.
VISUAL PRESENTER (ELMO) & PROJECTOR WITH SCREEN
- Only Courtrooms, A, B, C, G, and L have a small cart with a Document camera (ELMO) and projector.
- All courtrooms have screens that drop down from the ceiling or use portable screens.
JUVENILE JUSTICE CENTER
- There is a portable cart with a large screen TV available.
- Playback devices can connect via the HDMI cable.
- Attorneys are responsible for bringing the necessary cables to accommodate whatever hardware devices they will use with the TV.
- The cart is shared between courtrooms, so a reservation is required.