The Eighteenth Judicial Circuit provides the JACs (Judicial Automatic Calendar System). JACs online scheduling is for attorneys only and requires a login. It is important to review any policies and procedures that apply before contacting judges’ chambers. If you don’t see the docket you are looking for within the JACs list, please contact the Judicial Assistant.
NOTE: Not all of the judges post their calendars online. Calendars are subject to change hourly, so check back frequently to guarantee accurate updates.
See Below for more JACs options.
ATTORNEYS CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP OR RESET YOUR ACCOUNT. (You will need your Florida Bar # bar number)
FOR ALL OTHER PLEASE NOTE: The JACS system was designed to work with bar license numbers only, as a way of tracking attorneys who schedule hearings. We will not be able to create a JACS account for you.
Luckily, JACS is only one of the many ways we have to schedule hearing dates in our Court. If you require a hearing date please use one of these methods:
- Work with opposing counsel and have them schedule a hearing on an agreed time/date.
- Contact the presiding judge’s Judicial Assistant for your scheduling needs. Here is our Judicial Directory: https://flcourts18.org/judges-directory/
- File a motion requesting a hearing per the Florida Trial Court Rules.
POLICIES & PROCEDURES
The Eighteenth Judicial Circuit provides procedural instructions for attorneys along with policies that may differ within the guidelines of the law between judges and county or circuit court.
Attorneys in both Brevard and Seminole have the resources offering many new facets of modern technology including but not limited to online scheduling, instructions, provider listings, policies and procedures and much more.
There are courtroom rules and policies governing all divisions of the Eighteenth Judicial Circuit Court. All parties are expected to follow these rules.
Uniform Procedures for Family Division
- Admitted to the Florida Bar 1987
- Board Certified in Marital and Family Law
- General Magistrate, 18th Judicial Circuit 2004 – 2016
- Law Office of Freyberg & Taylor 2003 – 2004
- Brevard County Guardian Ad Litem Program, part-time counsel 2000 – 2002
- Law Office of Thomas H. Yardley 1997 – 2003
- Law Office of Hernan Castro 1990 – 1997
- Tangel-Rodriguez & Castro 1987 – 1990
- University of Florida College of Law 1986
- Participant International Law Review
- Honors Graduate
- Brevard County Administrative Judge, 2021 to present
- Family Law Administrative Judge, 2017 to 2021
- Appointed Circuit Court Judge, 18th Judicial Circuit, 2016 to present
- Co-presenter at the 2012 Florida College of Advanced Judicial Studies and 2013 Florida Conference of Circuit Judges
- Brevard County Bar Association Member
- Brevard County Bar Association Board of Directors 1999 – 2000
- Vassar B. Carlton American Inn of Court member 1999 – 2002, 2005 to present, President 2020 to present
- Brevard Family Law Network chair, 2005 – 2016
- Florida Bar Association Client Security Fund Committee Member 2001 – 2004
- Florida Bar Association Grievance Committee Member 1999 – 2002, Chair 2003
- Frank R. Pound Presenter of the Year, Vassar B. Carlton Inn of Court, 2013
- Silver Level Recognition from Florida Supreme Court for pro bono service, 2004
- Brevard County Bar Association Professionalism Award, 2001