The Eighteenth Judicial Circuit provides the JACs (Judicial Automatic Calendar System). JACs online scheduling is for attorneys only and requires a login. It is important to review any policies and procedures that apply before contacting judges’ chambers. If you don’t see the docket you are looking for within the JACs list, please contact the Judicial Assistant.
NOTE: Not all of the judges post their calendars online. Calendars are subject to change hourly, so check back frequently to guarantee accurate updates.
See Below for more JACs options.
ATTORNEYS CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP OR RESET YOUR ACCOUNT. (You will need your Florida Bar # bar number)
FOR ALL OTHER PLEASE NOTE: The JACS system was designed to work with bar license numbers only, as a way of tracking attorneys who schedule hearings. We will not be able to create a JACS account for you.
Luckily, JACS is only one of the many ways we have to schedule hearing dates in our Court. If you require a hearing date please use one of these methods:
- Work with opposing counsel and have them schedule a hearing on an agreed time/date.
- Contact the presiding judge’s Judicial Assistant for your scheduling needs. Here is our Judicial Directory: https://flcourts18.org/judges-directory/
- File a motion requesting a hearing per the Florida Trial Court Rules.
POLICIES & PROCEDURES
The Eighteenth Judicial Circuit provides procedural instructions for attorneys along with policies that may differ within the guidelines of the law between judges and county or circuit court.
Attorneys in both Brevard and Seminole have the resources offering many new facets of modern technology including but not limited to online scheduling, instructions, provider listings, policies and procedures and much more.
There are courtroom rules and policies governing all divisions of the Eighteenth Judicial Circuit Court. All parties are expected to follow these rules.
Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida
- Bachelor of Science, Sports Management, December 1987
- Delta Phi Kappa Academic Honor Fraternity
- Golden Key Honor Society
Cumberland School of Law at Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama
- Juris Doctorate, May 1992
- President & Founder, Sports & Entertainment Law Society
- Board of Directors, Law Week
Circuit Judge, 18th Circuit Court, Viera, Florida Elected November 2006 – present.
Currently serving as the Administrative Judge of the Brevard County Criminal Felony Division. Within the first five months of being assigned to the felony criminal division, Judge Crawford resolved all cases assigned to him where inmates had been in Brevard County Jail more than two years, ending unnecessary delays and reducing the jail population.
Previous judicial experience includes all family law matters, juvenile dependency and delinquency, civil litigation, and domestic violence. Since beginning his judicial career, Judge Crawford has spearheaded several innovative programs. While in the dependency division, Judge Crawford instituted a Special Needs Docket for children in foster care with mental or physical disabilities, allowing their cases to be reviewed twice as often as previously set. Along with Brevard Family Partnership, he implemented the county’s only supervised visitation program for parents seeking to reunite with their children while involved in a reunification case plan. With the help of his courtroom deputies and countless volunteers, Judge Crawford maintained a courthouse playroom and a children’s clothing and toy/bicycle room making sure every child that came to court left with much needed items and toys.
- Law Office of Charles G. Crawford, P.A., Melbourne, FL, 1999 – 2006
- Cianfrogna, Telfer, Reda, Faherty and Anderson, P.A., Titusville, FL, 1998-2000
- Eighteenth Judicial Circuit State Attorney's Office, Sex Crimes Prosecutor, Viera, FL, 1997-1998
- Orange County Texas District Attorney's Office, Child Abuse/Sex Crimes Prosecutor, Orange, TX 1994-1997
- 2022 Seminole County Bar Association Distinguished Service Award
- 2019 Brevard Dependency Court Team – Outside the Box Award
- 2010 Florida Department of Children & Families- Community Champion Award
- Florida Conference of Circuit Judges, Instructor
- Florida Guardian Ad Litem Statewide Symposium, Instructor
- Florida Department of Children and Families Statewide Convention, Instructor
- Brevard County Bar Association, Family Law Seminar on “Family Law: The Bounds of Advocacy”
- Justice Teaching Instructor, Viera High School, and Endeavor Elementary School
- Florida Bar Association, Member since 1993
- Texas Bar Association, Member since 1992
- Brevard County Bar Association, Member - Board of Directors, 2000-2002
- Seminole County Bar Association, Member
- Friends of Brevard Lacrosse, Founding Board Member; President
- Florida Bar Legal Needs of Children Committee, Former member
- Florida Bar Prepaid Legal Committee, Former Member
- Vassar B. Carlton Inn of Court, 1999-2002
- Children’s Justice Act, Former Taskforce Member
- Founder and Former Board Member of Viera Suntree Little League Challenger Program
- Southeast Texas Food Bank. Former Board Member
- Mickey Mahaffey Children’s Advocacy Program, Former Board Member
- Southeast Texas Women & Children’s Shelter, Advisory Board Past President