The Honorable Charlie Crawford
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama
- Juris Doctorate, May 1992
- President –Sports & Entertainment Law Society; Law Week Board of Directors
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida
- Bachelor of Science – Sports Management, December 1987
- Delta Phi Kappa Academic Honor Fraternity; Golden Key Honor Society
- Licensed Texas Bar, May 1993
- Licensed Florida Bar, September 1993
- Licensed to practice in the United States District Courts for the Northern, Southern and Eastern Districts of Texas and the Middle District of Florida
- Law Office of Charles G. Crawford, P.A., Melbourne, Florida, February 1999 – December 2006
- Cianfrogna, Telfer, Reda, Faherty and Anderson, P.A., Titusville, Florida, March 1998 – February 1999 – Private practice included all family law matters, criminal representation, civil litigation, guardianships and estate planning.
- State Attorney’s Office, Eighteenth Judicial Circuit, Viera, Florida, August 1997 – March 1998
- Orange County District Attorney, Orange, Texas, April 1994 – August 1997 – Previous government practice included prosecution of child abuse and sex crimes, all felonies, misdemeanors as well as the prosecution of child dependency cases.
Circuit Court Judge, 18th Circuit Court, Viera, Florida Elected November 2006 – present.
Currently serving in the felony criminal division. Within the first five months of being assigned to the criminal division, Judge Crawford resolved all cases assigned to him where inmates had been in the Brevard County Jail more than two years, ending unnecessary delays and reducing the jail population.
Previous judicial experience includes all facets of family law, juvenile dependency and delinquency, civil litigation, and domestic violence. Since beginning his judicial career, Judge Crawford has spearheaded several innovative programs. While in the dependency division, Judge Crawford instituted a Special Needs Docket for children in foster care with mental or physical disabilities. Recognizing these children may have serious medical or emotional disorders that require greater attention and judicial oversight, this Special Needs Docket allowed their cases to be reviewed twice as often as previously set. Along with Brevard Family Partnership, he implemented the county’s only supervised visitation program for parents seeking to reunite with their children while involved in a reunification case plan with the Department of Children and Families. With the help of his courtroom deputies and countless volunteers, Judge Crawford opened a courthouse playroom and a children’s clothing and toy/bicycle room making sure every child that came to court left with much needed sundry items and toys. While serving in the civil division, Judge Crawford set trials within 90 days of any request, allowing quick and convenient access to justice to all litigants who were ready to proceed.
- Friends of Brevard Lacrosse – Founding Board Member; President
- Viera Suntree Little League – Founding Coach; Challenger Program
- Lacrosse Coach – Brevard River Hawks
- Florida Bar Legal Needs of Children Committee – Former Member
- Brevard County Bar Association – Member
- Vassar B. Carlton American Inn of Court – Former Member
- Children’s Justice Act – Former Protocol Taskforce Member
- Southeast Texas Food Bank – Former Board Member
- Mickey Mahaffey Children’s Advocacy Program – Former Board Member
- Southeast Texas Women & Children’s Shelter – Advisory Board Past President
- Florida Guardian Ad Litem Statewide Symposium – 2018, 2019, 2020
- Justice Teaching Instructor, Viera High School and Endeavor Elementary
- Florida Department of Children and Families Statewide Convention
- Space Coast Marine Institute
- Orange County, Texas Sheriff’s Office
- Brevard County Sheriff’s Office
- Parent to Parent
- Families Experiencing Down
- Brevard County Legal Aid
- Hidden Potentials
- Boy Scouts of America
- Melbourne Alumni Panhellenic