The Eighteenth Judicial Circuit provides the JACs (Judicial Automatic Calendar System). JACs online scheduling is for attorneys only and requires a login. It is important to review any policies and procedures that apply before contacting judges’ chambers. If you don’t see the docket you are looking for within the JACs list, please contact the Judicial Assistant.
NOTE: Not all of the judges post their calendars online. Calendars are subject to change hourly, so check back frequently to guarantee accurate updates.
See Below for more JACs options.
ATTORNEYS CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP OR RESET YOUR ACCOUNT. (You will need your Florida Bar # bar number)
FOR ALL OTHER PLEASE NOTE: The JACS system was designed to work with bar license numbers only, as a way of tracking attorneys who schedule hearings. We will not be able to create a JACS account for you.
Luckily, JACS is only one of the many ways we have to schedule hearing dates in our Court. If you require a hearing date please use one of these methods:
- Work with opposing counsel and have them schedule a hearing on an agreed time/date.
- Contact the presiding judge’s Judicial Assistant for your scheduling needs. Here is our Judicial Directory: https://flcourts18.org/judges-directory/
- File a motion requesting a hearing per the Florida Trial Court Rules.
POLICIES & PROCEDURES
The Eighteenth Judicial Circuit provides procedural instructions for attorneys along with policies that may differ within the guidelines of the law between judges and county or circuit court.
Attorneys in both Brevard and Seminole have the resources offering many new facets of modern technology including but not limited to online scheduling, instructions, provider listings, policies and procedures and much more.
There are courtroom rules and policies governing all divisions of the Eighteenth Judicial Circuit Court. All parties are expected to follow these rules.
- Admitted to The Florida Bar 1985
- Admitted to the U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida 1985
- Admitted to the District of Columbia Bar 1985
- Private practice handling litigation of adoption, contract, employment, family, personal injury, real estate, social security, unemployment, and workers’ compensation law cases 1986 – 2010
- Lead or sole counsel on 30 Appeals
- AV Rated (highest rating for competency and ethics) by Martindale-Hubbell
- Board Certified as an expert in workers’ compensation law 1998 – 2011
- Elected County Court Judge 2010
- University of Florida – B.A., 1982
- University of Florida College of Law – J.D., 1985
- Member of Governor’s Statewide Workers’ Compensation Fraud Task Force 1999 – 2005
- Graduate of Seminole County Sheriff’s Community Law Enforcement Academy 2008
- Recipient of award from Orange County Legal Aide Society for family law pro bono work
- Recipient of award for outstanding support of the 293rd MP Platoon in Iraq
- Vice Chair Ninth Circuit Juvenile Justice Board 2007 – 2009
- Vice Chair Workers’ Compensation Rules Committee for The Florida Bar 2002 – 2003
- Board of Legal Advisors for Legal Studies Program at Seminole State College – current
- Board of Directors for Florida Workers’ Advocates, Inc. 1999 – 2006
- Workers’ Compensation Rules Committee of The Florida Bar 1999 – 2004
- Judicial Relations Committee of Orange County Bar Association 2008 – 2009
- Professionalism Committee of Orange County Bar Association 2007 – 2010
- Member of Seminole County Bar Association
- Member of Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity
- Member of Phi Kappa Phi Honorary Society
- Member of Golden Key National Honor Society
- Past member of Lake Mary Rotary Club
- Past Member of Seminole County Chamber of Commerce, Orlando Regional Chamber of Commerce, East Orlando Chamber of Commerce, and Apopka Chamber of Commerce
- Volunteer Teen Court judge in Seminole County and Orange County
- Volunteer with Justice Teaching Program teaching the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights at schools throughout Seminole County including Bentley Elementary, Geneva Elementary, English Estates Elementary, Winter Springs Elementary, Double R Private Elementary, Rock Lake Middle, Sanford Middle, Rosenwald, Lake Brantley and Lyman High Schools
- President of The Christian Sharing Center 2001 – 2003
- President of Orlando’s Festival of Orchestras 2005 – 2006
- President of Markham Woods Association, Inc. 2001 – 2003
- Vice President of Orlando’s Festival of Orchestras 2003 – 2005
- Vice President of The Christian Sharing Center 2000 – 2001
- Vice President and co-founder of Steinway Society of Central Florida 2004 – 2010
- Board of Directors for Make-A-Wish Foundation of Central Florida 2008 – 2009
- Board of Directors for Orlando’s Festival of Orchestras 2003 – 2008
- Board of Directors for Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra 2008 – 2010
- Founding Fathers of Harbor House (for battered and abused women)
- Board of Directors for Florida Symphony Youth Orchestra 1999 – 2001
- Volunteer judge for Barry Law School Trial Advocacy Class Finals
- Volunteer judge for Lake Brantley High School Mock Trial Competition
- Volunteer with Coalition for the Homeless