Eighteenth Judicial Circuit Courts
This Agreement contains the following provisions
1. YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT
This is an agreement between you and FLCOURTS18.ORG ("FLCOURTS18.ORG"), and governs your use of the FLCOURTS18.ORG WEBSITE and its content and the services provided through the WEBSITE (collectively the "WEBSITE"). Each time you use the WEBSITE you signify your acceptance and agreement, and the acceptance and agreement of any person you purport to represent (and for purposes of this Agreement, "person" includes any type of incorporated or unincorporated entity), without limitation or qualification, to be bound by this Agreement, and you represent and warrant that you have the legal authority to agree to and accept this Agreement on behalf of yourself and any person you purport to represent. If you do not agree with each provision of this Agreement, or you are not authorized to agree to and accept this Agreement, or you do not have the legal authority to agree to and accept this Agreement, you may not use the WEBSITE.
2. CHANGES TO THIS AGREEMENT
You may not change, supplement, or amend this Agreement in any manner. FLCOURTS18.ORG may, in its sole discretion, change, and supplement or amend this Agreement as it relates to your future use of the WEBSITE from time to time, for any reason, and without any notice or liability to you or any other person, by posting a revised Agreement on the WEBSITE.
3. PERMITTED USERS AND ACCESS
The WEBSITE may be used only by persons who have reached the age of majority or legal age in their jurisdictions and who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. The WEBSITE may not be used by persons in jurisdictions where access to or use of the WEBSITE or any part of it may be illegal or prohibited. It is solely your responsibility to determine whether your use of the WEBSITE is lawful, and you must comply with all applicable laws.
4. MISPRINTS AND ERRORS, PRODUCT AVAILABILITY, PRICES, AND ORDERS
5. DISCLAIMER, LIABILITY EXCLUSION, LIABILITY LIMITATION, RELEASE AND INDEMNITY
* DISCLAIMER: YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
* THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, AND WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, PERFORMANCE OR DURABILITY, ALL OF WHICH ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED BY FLCOURTS18.ORG AND THE PROVIDERS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. YOU (AND NOT FLCOURTS18.ORG OR THE PROVIDERS) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION TO ANY COMPUTER OR OTHER EQUIPMENT ARISING FROM, CONNECTED WITH, OR RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE. THE OPERATION OF THE WEBSITE MAY BE AFFECTED BY NUMEROUS FACTORS BEYOND FLCOURTS18.ORG'S CONTROL. THE OPERATION OF THE WEBSITE MAY NOT BE CONTINUOUS OR UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE. SECURITY AND PRIVACY RISKS CANNOT BE ELIMINATED. FLCOURTS18.ORG IS UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO VERIFY THE IDENTITY OF USERS OF THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, FLCOURTS18.ORG AND ITS PROVIDERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR CONDITION THAT: THE WEBSITE WILL BE COMPATIBLE WITH YOUR COMPUTER AND RELATED EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE; THE WEBSITE WILL BE AVAILABLE OR WILL FUNCTION WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR WILL BE FREE OF ERRORS OR THAT ANY ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, SEQUENTIAL, OR TIMELY; CERTAIN OR ANY RESULTS MAY BE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE WEBSITE; THE USE OF THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING THE BROWSING AND DOWNLOADING OF ANY INFORMATION, WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, WORMS OR OTHER DESTRUCTIVE OR DISRUPTIVE COMPONENTS; OR THE USE OF THE WEBSITE WILL NOT INFRINGE THE RIGHTS (INCLUDING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS) OF ANY PERSON; AND FLCOURTS18.ORG AND ITS PROVIDERS DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY REGARDING SUCH MATTERS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. LIABILITY EXCLUSION FLCOURTS18.ORG AND ITS PROVIDERS WILL NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PRODUCTION, LOSS OF INCOME OR PROFITS (ANTICIPATED OR OTHERWISE), LOSS OF MARKETS, ECONOMIC LOSS, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR UNDER ANY OTHER THEORY OF LAW OR EQUITY, ARISING FROM, CONNECTED WITH, OR RELATING TO THE USE OF THE WEBSITE BY YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON, AND REGARDLESS OF ANY NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER FAULT OR WRONGDOING BY FLCOURTS18.ORG OR ANY PROVIDER OR ANY PERSON FOR WHOM FLCOURTS18.ORG OR ITS PROVIDERS ARE RESPONSIBLE, AND NOTWITHSTANDING THAT FLCOURTS18.ORG OR ITS PROVIDERS MAY HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGES BEING INCURRED BY YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON. LIABILITY LIMITATION IN NO EVENT WILL FLCOURTS18.ORG'S OR ANY OF ITS PROVIDERS' TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY CLAIMS, PROCEEDINGS, LIABILITIES, OBLIGATIONS, DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND COSTS, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR UNDER ANY OTHER THEORY OF LAW OR EQUITY, AND REGARDLESS OF ANY NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER FAULT OR WRONGDOING BY FLCOURTS18.ORG OR ANY PERSON FOR WHOM FLCOURTS18.ORG IS RESPONSIBLE, EXCEED $25 OR THE AMOUNT YOU PAID TO FLCOURTS18.ORG FOR THE USE OF THE WEBSITE, WHICHEVER IS LESS. RELEASE YOU HEREBY RELEASE, REMISE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE EACH OF FLCOURTS18.ORG AND ITS PROVIDERS AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, INFORMATION PROVIDERS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, SUPPLIERS, LICENSORS AND LICENSEES, AND ALL OTHER RELATED, ASSOCIATED, OR CONNECTED PERSONS FROM ANY AND ALL MANNER OF RIGHTS, CLAIMS, COMPLAINTS, DEMANDS, CAUSES OF ACTION, PROCEEDINGS, LIABILITIES, OBLIGATIONS, LEGAL FEES, COSTS, AND DISBURSEMENTS OF ANY NATURE AND KIND WHATSOEVER AND HOWSOEVER ARISING, WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, WHICH NOW OR HEREAFTER EXIST, WHICH ARISE FROM, RELATE TO, OR ARE CONNECTED WITH YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE. INDEMNITY YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF FLCOURTS18.ORG AND ITS OWNERS, EMPLOYEES AND PARTNERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "INDEMNIFIED PARTIES") FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITIES, EXPENSES AND COSTS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION REASONABLE LEGAL FEES AND EXPENSES, INCURRED BY THE INDEMNIFIED PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH ANY CLAIM OR DEMAND ARISING OUT OF, RELATED TO, OR CONNECTED WITH YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR YOUR BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT. YOU WILL ASSIST AND CO-OPERATE AS FULLY AS REASONABLY REQUIRED BY THE INDEMNIFIED PARTIES IN THE DEFENSE OF ANY SUCH CLAIM OR DEMAND. ADVICE AND INFORMATION PROVIDED BY FLCOURTS18.ORG OR ITS REPRESENTATIVES, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, WILL NOT CREATE ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR CONDITION OR VARY OR AMEND THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING THE ABOVE DISCLAIMER, LIABILITY EXCLUSION, LIABILITY LIMITATION, RELEASE AND INDEMNITY PROVISIONS, AND YOU MAY NOT RELY UPON ANY SUCH ADVICE OR INFORMATION.
The exclusion of certain warranties and the limitation of certain liabilities is prohibited by legislation in some jurisdictions. Such legislative limitations may apply to you. The disclaimer, liability exclusion, liability limitation, release, and indemnity provisions in this Agreement survive indefinitely after the termination of this Agreement
6. LOGIN NAMES AND PASSWORDS
7. TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT AND THE WEBSITE
8. INFORMATION SUBMISSIONS
9. OWNERSHIP AND PERMITTED USE OF THE WEBSITE
Your privacy is very important to us. It is the policy of the judicial branch to collect no personal information about you when you visit flcourts18.org.org unless you affirmatively choose to make such information available.
When you visit https://flcourts18.org, the Web server automatically recognizes only the Internet domain and IP address from which you accessed the site. This information does not capture or identify your personal e-mail address or other personal information.
In addition, information is only gathered regarding the volume and timing of access to the site by collecting information on the date, time and pages you visited while at the site. This is done so that the content of the site can be improved. Your personal information is not identified through this data collection process.
If you choose to share personal information, such as by sending a message or filling out an electronic form with personal information, the information will be saved for a designated period of time in order to comply with Judicial Branch public records retention policies. However, information will not be disclosed to third parties or other government agencies, unless required by state or federal law. Please note that Florida's public records law requires that information received in connection with court business must be made available to anyone upon request, unless the information is subject to a specific exemption.
11. COOKIES POLICY
Last Updated: April 28, 2023
Scope of this Cookies Policy
This cookies policy (the “Cookies Policy”) describes the cookies and other technologies that Eighteenth Judicial Circuit Courts (“18th Judicial”, or “we”, “us” or “our”) uses in the United States through our website flcourts18.org, jacs.flcourts18.org, and selfhelp.flcourts18.org (the “Sites”), how we use them, and how you can control and manage them. For the purpose of this Cookies Policy, 18th Judicial is the controller.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are downloaded onto your device by the website or app you are visiting. The next time you visit the same website or app, cookies ensure that your device is recognized. By using cookies and similar technologies, such as pixel tags/beacons and scripts (“cookies”), websites can save information about visits and its visitors.
Such information may include your web request, IP address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, your computer operating system, mobile device and mobile operating system, and your navigation on our Sites, such as the length of time spent on the Sites, the pages you looked at on the Sites, and the frequency of your visits to the Sites.
What type of cookies do we use and how do we use them?
Subject to your consent, where applicable, we may use both session cookies, which expire once you close your web browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them. We place some of the cookies ourselves (“first-party cookies”), while other cookies are placed by third parties (“third-party cookies”). This means that when you use our Sites, third parties will also collect information from your browser and your devices (see below for further information).
Our Sites uses the following types of cookies for the purposes set out below:
These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our Sites and to enable you to use some of its features. For example, they allow you to log in to secure areas of our Sites and help the content of the pages you request load quickly. Without these cookies, our Sites may not work properly, and you may not be able to use all its features.
These cookies are used to remember the choices you make when browsing our Sites, such as remembering your login details and the changes you make to the customizable parts of our Sites. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you visit our Sites.
Analytics and Performance Cookies
These cookies are used to collect information on how you use our Sites, including information about the pages you visited, how long you visited and if you experienced any errors. We use this information to help us improve the quality of our services, gather broad demographic information, and monitor the level of activity on our Sites.
Social Media Cookies
These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button or “like” button on our Sites or you engage with our content or through a social networking website such as Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn. The social network will record that you have done this.
Disabling cookies and manage cookie preferences.
In addition to your ability to refuse all non-essential cookies through the cookie banner available through our Sites and to opt-out easily and at any time through the dedicated link put at your disposal through the Sites, you can generally manage your cookies preferences and block, limit, or delete cookies via your browser settings. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “settings”, “help”, “tools”, or “edit” facility).
Please note that, if you do not accept our cookies, you may experience some inconvenience while using our Sites. For example, we may not be able to recognize your computer or mobile device and you may need to log in every time you visit our Sites.
12. TRADEMARK INFORMATION
13. OTHER SITES
14. LINKING AND FRAMING THE WEBSITE
15. POSTINGS AND UNSOLICITED SUBMISSIONS
16. OTHER INFORMATION
Florida Courts Help available at the touch of a screen:
For constituents, customers, or callers seeking help with family law cases – divorce, adoption, name change, custody, order of protection, and much more – there is now a one-stop source for lots of information aimed at self-represented people. Florida Courts Help is available at app stores as well as online at help.flcourts.gov.