Pertaining to Foreclosure Procedures
What does the Foreclosure Court accomplish?
In mortgage foreclosure proceedings, as with all types of cases, courts are obligated to ensure that the rights of parties are protected and the integrity of the process is maintained. The Florida Bar offers a variety of web resources for families facing foreclosure and attorneys helping them. Judges and lawyers also have a professional obligation to conclude litigation as soon as it is reasonably and justly possible.The objective is to bring foreclosure cases into compliance with state time standards to complete a case. Those standards are 12 months for non-jury trials and 18 months for jury trials.
The Florida courts are using case management practices that work most effectively to ensure the full participation of parties, avoid unreasonable delays, and dispose of those cases that have been pending for the longest period of time – while being ever mindful of the rights of parties and the integrity of the process.Links to various organizations that assist with foreclosure issues
Websites: All of the listed websites are government based sites and all have links to locate FREE FORECLOSURE COUNSELING.
- www.makinghomeaffordable.govopens in a new window – This website is the primary official website of the U.S. government and includes information on the Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP) that relates to loan modifications and Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives Program (HAFA) that relates to short sales.
- www.hud.govopens in a new window – The official website of the Department of Housing and Urban Development, the agency that has oversight over Certified Residential Foreclosure Counselor.
- www.fanniemae.comopens in a new window – The official website of the Federal National Mortgage Association.
- www.freddiemac.comopens in a new window – The official website of the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation.
- www.hopenow.comopens in a new window – The website of an alliance of HUD Certified foreclosure counselors and other resources and services.