- B.S. Florida State University – 1970
- J.D. Florida State University – 1973
- Asst. Attorney General of Florida 1973-1975
- Asst. State Attorney of Florida 1975-1977
- Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer 1985-2015
- State of Florida 1973-1977
- Weathers and Narkier P.A. Associate 1978-1979
- Davis and Koons Partner 1980-1983
- McGee, Jordan, Shuey, Koons, Schroeder, and Morris, Partner 1984-1989
- Stephen R. Koons P.A. 1990-1992
- Powers and Koons 1992-1995
- Stephen R. Koons P.A. 1995-2012
- County Judge, 18th Judicial Circuit 2012-Present
ORGANIZATIONS, COMMITTEES AND COMMISSIONS (PAST & PRESENT):
- Florida Bar 1973-Present
- Colorado Bar 1990-Inactive
- U.S. Supreme Court – 1978
- U.S. District Court Southern District 1973-Present.
- Former Federal Trial Bar Member.
- Former Florida Bar Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer.
- Former Adjuster Instructor Florida Atlantic University.
- Former General Counsel to First Federal Savings and Loan of Lake Worth, Florida.
- Former President Gold Coast Chapter, Federal Bar.
- Former President Lake Worth Bar Association.
- Former President Brevard Bar Foundation.
- Former Master Member Vassar B. Carlton Inn of Court.
- Former Member and Vice-Chairman of Palm Beach County Grievance Committee.
- Former Director Brevard County Legal Aid.
- Former Member Palm Beach County Bar Association.
- Member Brevard County Bar Association.
- Member Indialantic Rotary Club.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS:
- Brevard County Pro Bono Attorney of the Year 2007.
- Multiple Pro Bono Awards; Brevard and Palm Beach County.
- Pro Bono Award, Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers.
- Service Awards YMCA of Palm Beach.